Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Final Performances


For the final performace, I chose to chant.   The chants and dances we were taught in a couple of weeks actually take years to master.  I  was proud of the fact that our class was tackling a legitimate challenge in learning the material over a short period of time.  I could tell that everyone did their best in adding their own interpretation and emotions into their dances and chants.  This is were we reiterated the importance of chi.
The chant was a lot harder to memorize than I imagined.  As I walked into the last class, I was so nervous about the solo performances but then Guru assured me that everything would be alright.  I should know by now that when Guru says its alright, that it really is going to be fine.  As we chanted as a group for the solo dancers, the chant slowly inscribed itself into my memory.  As each chant ended after each dancer, I found that my confidence had grown and I felt reassured that I would be alright during my turn. My experience as a member of the jiutai was actually a lot more rewarding than just memorizing the chant.  I learned that you are not alone in whatever you do.  There will always be people behind you, encouraging you and supporting you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment