Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Expectations and Lessons learned


As the final was getting closer, I could feel tensions rising about the material that would be on the final exam.  Each time Guru would respond with the fact that not everything is about grades.  I really feel like that is what I took away from this course.  I did take away knowledge on Asian theatre, but I feel as though what impacted me more was the fact that this course was not an ordinary course one would experience in college.   Guru would say that just by discussing the exam, it is the same thing as being tested.   He also would reiterate each time an exam got near, that grades were not important.  What is important is what we take away from this course. 

William and Mary is known for its rigorous academic studies.   The students are naturally pushed to attempt to receive the highest marks as everyone else in the environment are doing the same.  I felt as though that all those expectations melted away as each lesson passed in this course.  I am forever grateful that I got to take this course in which I learned many valuable advice.  I believe that the lessons we learned in this class will last us much longer in the real world that text-book based ideas.  So, Thank You Guru and Professor Palmer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment