Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Midterm Performance Sharing


            After watching all of the performances today, I can say that I am very impressed with what everyone in the class came up with.  Everyone brought their own individual elements to their performances and it was very evident that everyone put a lot of thought into their routines.  I wanted to share some of my comments about all of the different groups with the banjar.

            Rachel and Jordan’s performance was one of my favorites.  I really enjoyed the storyline they created and humor of their performance.  They did a nice job executing the idea they wanted to share.  Matt, Abhay, and Liz Tait’s group created a strong portrayal of the scene from the Ramayana.  The fight scene between Matt and Abhay was well done.  And even though Liz was not always the focus of the scene, she always was very precise in her movements.  Fatima and Daisy shared a fun story that they had written.  I especially liked how Fatima told the story while she and Daisy performed the actions.  Rachel, Tatiana, and Jasmine’s performance was another one of my favorites.  Their homemade masks were a nice touch and the storyline of their performance was really cute.  Jeffrey’s performance was really interesting to watch.  His movements were very exact and it was obvious that he put a lot of effort into preparing for his performance.  Yue, Bruno, and Cynthia also did a nice job presenting a scene we have learned about.  Yue and Cynthia looked very graceful performing as the nymphs.  Stephanie and Lizzie are another group that I would have to say gave one of my favorite performances.  I liked Lizzie’s strong movements contrasted with the softer movements shown by Stephanie.  Spence and Abigail took a modern storyline and made it look Balinese.  Spence did an amazing job portraying the monkey and really committed to the part.  He had great facial expressions and movements.  Abigail looked very graceful and her movements were well done.  And last but certainly not least, Daniela and Tyler were another group that made a modern idea look straight out of Bali.  Their routine flowed very well.      

          It was really cool to see everyone incorporate all of the different aspects we have learned into the performances.  I enjoyed watching every group go today and just wanted to share a little of what I liked about each one to give some feedback.


    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment